top of page
  • Writer's pictureKyle Sooley-Brookings

NOAA predicts active hurricane season

NOAA is predicting an above-normal 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season. The agency says there is a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season. NOAA predicts 14 to 21 named storms this year, of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes, including 3 to 6 major hurricanes. NOAA says an ongoing La Niña and above-average Atlantic temperatures will set the stage for a busy season.


bottom of page