top of page
  • Writer's pictureKyle Sooley-Brookings

NOAA releases 2023 hurricane forecast


NOAA forecasters are predicting a near-normal hurricane season in the Atlantic basin this year.


From June 1 to November 30, NOAA is predicting a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season.


NOAA is forecasting a range of 12 to 17 total named storms. Of those, 5 to 9 could become hurricanes, including 1 to 4 major hurricanes. NOAA has a 70% confidence in these ranges.

The upcoming Atlantic hurricane season is expected to be less active than recent years, due to competing factors — some that suppress storm development and some that fuel it — driving this year's overall forecast for a near-normal season.


Storm Names


Opmerkingen


bottom of page